A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Time Twisted - New Video Trailer

OverbounD

I've been working a lot on time twisted lately, mostly programming but some sprite touch up work too. So I thought I'd bump this thread with a few things.

Level Order:
Attraction Attack

Frigid Fortress

Viridian Valley
Drifting Dynamo
Tidal Tubes/Perplex Puzzle
Submerged Saucer

Radical Ruins
Planetary Panic

and a host of game gear remix levels.

Der Zocker and I are working on an opening and closing pixel art cutscenes will which will feature limited animation.

Story:
After the events of Sonic 3 Robotnik is DEAD. Sometime later Metal Sonic escapes from the Little Planet. Upon learning his master's fate Metal Sonic goes looking for the Chaos Emeralds, Time Stones, and some mysterious technology to resurrect his former master.

Sonic and Knuckles both have a new jog sprite which gives them 3 movement animations like tails.

Music
Hinchy also has a good portion of the soundtrack posted here. http://twoages.hinchy.us
Feel Free to comment on it here too.

The majority of the game's art is finished. Including an assortment of original badniks, 2 time zones for each level, and original character sprites. I am serious about getting this game finished and I'll have a lot more to show in the coming months.

Hey! I'm the guy who commissioned this (and added the logo and tweaked the contrast and etc). I'll send John my regards -- I love the picture too!

By the way, I'm not sure if music counts as art but if it does I have a BUNCH of Sonic Time Twisted "art"! I put all the Time Twisted music up as I make it at twoages.hinchy.us, so go ahead and check it out if you want.

@Jamie That's kind of the goal of Sonic Time Twisted is be be Sonic CD 2 but that's just shy of Sonic 4 in the lame name game.
Especially because this game will not be distributed on CD or any physical medium. :P

We could always call it Sonic DL, but... oh god that's horrible. I'm sorry. D:

Ah Jezus I forgot how awesome that attraction attack theme is. Its seems to have improved a bit since I last heard it, maybe its just the new headphones. The whole soundtrack just screams sonic, more then any original fan albums I've heard.
Yeah I've improved the mastering a lot since the original revision, and I think I changed the bass instrument as well. Either way, I'm glad you like it!!

You know what's interesting about this is I think Time Twisted is where I actually started to put real time and effort into my music. I could never say no to an offer to compose music for an awesome Sonic CD fangame, but I would never, ever, ever be able to let myself live down making a bad soundtrack for any game paying homage to Sonic CD of all games.

Whoa!That art is sooooo AWESOME!Respect to author!

But,i think it don't fit to your game at all.(IMO)

Your characters/title screen have completely different design, while art based on Sonic OVA design.

I think, you should at least change sprites palette similar to that one on the art.Or change artwork to your character artstyle.

Don't get me wrong.Thats only my opinion

BTW,Is there any other works of this author?

Nothing in are game is based on OVA. The game is based on Sonic CD and other classic games. The level artwork in the picture is directly from the game.

I don't said that your game based on OVA.

I meant that Sonic itself on this artwork looks like in OVA design:Tall,with small quils and yellow like skin.(I already mentioned in P3DRO thread that OVA and CD have different artstyle).And your Sonic sprites have more Deep blue color, brown skin and long quils.They are completely different

Thats what i want to say.

Not every piece of Genesis art work matches the in game sprites either. Even if it did we're replacing the sprite anyway. OVA and Sonic CD have extremely similar designs. I even heard they were made by the same people. But you are right the quills in the picture are a bit shorter than the Sonic CD animations.

• 5 months later...

bumping with content:

DfMhe.png

This level was my idea! Drifting Dynamo Zone focuses around an airship power plant, sorta like if Flying Battery and Scrap Brain had an illegitimate lovechild. The level itself weaves in and out of the ship itself and the desert it's flying through. Both images are from the future; in the past the ship will presumably be half-completed and maybe immobile up on stilts, but we're not sure yet.

Also, here's the music to go with it!

The song has a very nice "This Is It" feel to it, much like something you'd hear before the final zone. ^_^ That being said, the bass sound kinda lonely... It might help if you had a faster-paced sawtooth or something accompany the main melody. It's hard to explain, so I'll see if I can come up with a sample of what I'm talking about.

Though, going by the zone order on Hincy's soundtrack, is Perplex Puzzle really going to come after Drifting Dynamo? xD

None of the level orders are finalize. I want add several more zones than what's on that list as well as possibly scrapping one of them. Specifically there's a chance Temporal Temple Zone won't get made.

But 5 of the 10 zones on that list are at least well into their development so I expect to be able to make at least a few more. DW wants me to do a train level and I'm considering that.