A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Music Samples Recompilation

Jassbec

So I've noticed Sonic music tends to use music samples a lot, specially most modern games.

And it can be quite hard to identify all of them, and those samples that have been identified are mostly scattered all over the place and you need to do some extensive research, which is kind of annoying.

"So Jassbec, what's the point of this?"

Pretty much, this is a thread made to identify all the music samples used in any Sonic game, and post it here, so people interested in using such samples can easily know where to look at. (Here)

But I can't do this all on my own, so I need everyone's help; if you find a sample please post it in here, please try to avoid double posting the same samples.

With that out of the way, let's begin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

To begin, we can identify the following samples from Sonic Rush.

-In Back2Back we can identify Louie Louie

-In

we can identify

-In Yeh Yeh Rocket(Gotta love that name) we can identify

-In Metal Scratchin' the "Hah-Hah-Hah-Hah" are from The Peech Boys - Don't Make Me Wait (Special Version)

-Now let's get into one of my favorite songs from Rush,

which its sample is fairly known, it is from
and also this sample From Grandia "Snow Village Laine"

-Also, from Sonic Rush Adventure we have

which uses this sample from Techno Slam

-And now from Sonic Adventure we have

which uses a sample from

There's still plenty of unidentified samples, but I'm sure that as a community, we can identify most of them and post them on this very thread!

EDIT: I Found this as well, it contains a list of many samples in Sonic games! (Thanks AstroPiranha!)

@Z1: This is actually pretty common in media. And it's way older than you think - check out "Everything is a Remix" on youtube for examples.

There's a "generic rap" that I remember in one of Naganuma's songs, which I once again heard in Ar Tonelico. Wonder which is the original source...

Naganuma does this all the time, and for the type of music he makes it's definitely not uncommon at all. I don't know where any of his samples come from but it's pretty obvious he does it from the type of sound he creates. I thought the Sonic CD samples were alot more well known, I dont know where these were found.

Anyway Ethno Circus was probably my favorite level track in Rush. I was not aware Senoue sampled Red Mountian 2, which incidentally is one of my favorite tracks in that game as well.

@gsoft

oh, thanx for informations! never had this one before! =D

@Jassbec

wait, the "huehuehue"? oh..... i know bout that ;v

that makes me interested to.... suddenly,i download Sonic CD japanese soundtrack and i make my own "huehuehue"! XD

@Serephim

Sonic CD uses sample too? XD

wow, interested Rank Up! lvl. 10! XD

ima not good at this "researching" thingies, so... kinda odd if anyone said Sonic Rush uses samples....

Back2back was my favorite Sonic Rush's song of all time! =D

and, i was surprised that Jassbec show the "similar" song... was too similar... =I

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap you solved a mystery I've had since I was 6.

I was a wee lad, and my grandmother just bought me sonic adventure for my dreamcast. I played the crap out of it at her house, and I had left off at red mountain with sonic. When my mom came and picked me up, we stopped by the bank. For signing up for an account, she got this pos little radio thing with earbuds. I just happened to hear what I now know is ghetto red hot, and i started freaking out because I thought they were playing a sonic song on the radio. My mom didn't believe me.

About a year ago, I just kind of gave up, and I told myself what I heard way back then wasn't similar to red mountain at all, and my little brain mixed it up for something else.

But you finally solved my childhood thank you for that!