A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Spark the electric jester - (DEMO v3 BETA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcTKeKwGZsA

SAGE demo now available: LINK

DEMO v3 Beta download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qdxu8zdjf6ihvd/Spark%20BETA%20v3.rar?dl=0

Also check this page for more updates: http://sparktej.tumblr.com/

Spark the electric jester is a indie game i'm currently developing.
Watch that gameplay video and tell me what you think. =P

And here's a screenshot you guys have seen before: http://i.imgur.com/uCuYX1d.png

Edited by LakeFeperd
  • Like 12

Loving what I'm seeing here, it's nice to see you do something outside of Sonic and I look forward to seeing more of this.

Also I don't know why but I feel the need to say that the Wall Jump could use more of an oomph as I feel it's a bit weak when I see you jump off the wall.

Kinda reminds me to Ristar, and thats's a good thing man!! maybe a mix between Ristar and Pulseman, you know what could make this game an awesome experience? Mixing Ristar shooting star form maybe for Spark could be a Lighting bolt strike at high speed and kinda make it like Sonic's Boost so you can charge up energy and use it whatever you want in a sec, the electric wire thing from Pulseman, and maybe some stuff from Vectorman as well, i dunno maybe different kind of electric charges and attacks.

Also i dunno if is okay with you but can i try to do my personal design of Spark? The design you have is marvelous but i want to try to do my version XDDD also if you like i can make a logo of the game

4j0ors.jpg

here this is my version of Spark, i liked more the Positive/Negative colors for the gloves and hat i know the colors and design comes from the spark enemy and power up from kirby but since spark looks like a creature made of electricity i thought that those colors maybe look good on him, also i know that looks like a Electabuzz but it looks cool XD

Edited by Gear_The_Hedgehog
  • Like 1

Looks awesome. I'm getting a bit of a Pulseman vibe here, especially since its original working title was Spark. Too bad Game Freak only works on Pokemon over and over again nowadays...

Any estimates on a date for a quick playable gameplay demo?

• Like 1

Looking great so far, but Spark's sprites just feel a little awkward to me; I think it may just be his walking animation, but I can't say for sure. Also, are you planning to release this on Steam, á la Freedom Planet?

Anyway, keep up the good work! I see a lot of potential for this! 

Oh god all the ideas. Anyway, since Spark's electric power aren't really his own but, YES, they come from the hat (which you can buy at the nerast store for s small price of 28,99) Anyway, I'll show more in game stuff about that later on.

And here is the arwork used to make the game's sprites:

rJmrPQe.png

Edit: now that i think about it, i forgot to show one of the 3 power ups you can get in the game. oh well, more for later i guess.

@Guear

dude, that looks awesome

And that idea about ristar, i would totally do it if i knew how to at the moment, maybe i should look into it though.

@Alex
I agree about his walking animation, i was looking on making another one at some point.

Edited by LakeFeperd

@Gear_the_Hedgehog don't do that. Who do you think you are? SEGA? Don't fuck good designs by making them skinnier, and full of details like that. Spark looks like it came straight out of the 90s and if anything should change it's the fact he is not chubby.

He is perfect as it is with his clown hat and his red chelsea boots. :3

EHtKZrS.png

Now make him chubby, Lake.

• Like 3

@Gear_the_Hedgehog don't do that. Who do you think you are? SEGA? Don't fuck good designs by making them skinnier, and full of details like that. Spark looks like it came straight out of the 90s and if anything should change it's the fact he is not chubby.

He is perfect as it is with his clown hat and his red chelsea boots. :3

EHtKZrS.png

Now make him chubby, Lake.

I didnt want him to redo his design it was my own version of it, its just my style i dont usualy do skinny characters, and i think your design is way better than mine, i just did that for the fun of it  :scool:

So he has no power of his own, he's just kicking ass with a novelty item he bought at some store. It would be like if I bought an airsoft gun and saved the world with it.

That reminded me to No More Heroes were the main character wins a Laser Sword in a lotery or something i cant remember well right now

Edited by Abominal Taz
No double postin' brotherson.

I'm thinking on doing a Sidekick desin for this character!

I'll reveal him later guys!

Edit: So here it is Guys! My idea for Spark's sidekick! (sorry since i've done this by paint and photoshop it was hard to draw the body so...)

post-5330-0-18002300-1394874378_thumb.jp

Edited by Abominal Taz
Please don't double post. Use the edit button to add more content.

So here it is Guys! My idea for Spark's sidekick! (sorry since i've done this by paint and photoshop it was hard to draw the body so...)

That mix of thick lines and high quality pngs is bootiful

Can't believe there's fan characters already xD