A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SAGExpo 2014 Act 2-ila contests

ila

Alright kids? Who wants to win a copy of Freedom Planet? Despite what some folks like Arctic Fox and Neo Fire Whatever say, the game is really great and you should be playing it, and with some help from Strife and your creativity you can in fact win a copy for yourself! Want to know how? Of course you do, so here goes!

Contest 1: "STAGE THAT TUNE"

You know what I love? Good music! And while most music done to the levels theme, this week we're going to do it in reverse. First off, listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nljnLI5fBw

Listening? Good. There's your stage music, and this goes without saying BUT FOR THE LOVE OF ILA DO NOT ILLEGALLY DOWNLOAD OR PIRATE THIS. I have a copy of the album and can listen to it while judging your level myself. Anyway, this contest is open format which means (or at least which I mean) that your entry can be anything. Design documents, playable level, a nice set of custom graphics, or even just a few mock up screen shots. Judging will not be based on what form your entry takes, but rather on how comprehensive your idea is and how well your stage fits to "Sun Skip"

Contest starts now and entries must be sent in by Thursday August 7 at 12 noon central time. There will be a thread to post your entry to in the SAGE Forum starting next week. Winners will be announced during the SAGE "Hangover" that tends to occur. Probably on Saturday the 9 though.

Contest 2: "SPECIAL STAGE DESIGN"

This one is pretty simple. Design a special stage. Once again I stress that this is also open format so entries can be design documents, a crude napkin doodle, playable, or any other ways that you can get your idea across. Originality will be a key factor for the winner of this one.

Contest starts now and entries must be sent in by Thursday August 7 at 12 noon central time. There will be a thread to post your entry to in the SAGE Forum starting next week. Winners will be announced during the SAGE "Hangover" that tends to occur. Probably on Saturday the 9 though.

Contest 3: "WHEN ila GETS BORED"

I think that one is pretty self explanatory. At some point I'll probably have nothing better to do so I'll start up a game in SAGE Chat. It will most likely be 20 Questions. Get your Google searches ready because the answer most likely won't be Sonic related. Or it might be WHO KNOWS?

I'll also have 2 more Freedom Planet Steam keys that will be given out whenever I take control of the SAGE Cast or Stream. Times will be completely random but keep in mind I'm in the central time zone.

Other notes: Prizes have been generously donated by Strife, being a dick will get you disqualified from any contests that I hold, and Bob Dole.

• Like 9

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF ILA DO NOT ILLEGALLY DOWNLOAD OR PIRATE THIS

Buying music in the internet? what is this? Is that even a thing?

Anyway, I'll give the first contest a try, I think I have a somewhat clear idea of what to do.